[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE BOARD

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>
  • To: destinogs1@xxxxxxx, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 07:59:58 -0400 (EDT)

I am not against showing long coats, it is setting up a class which in my
opinion says the fault is okay, lets embrace it and make a class for them to be
shown in.  They don't need a seperate class, they can be shown in the regular
classes like every other dog that has a missing tooth, or bad temperament,
locked hocks right along with the other dogs that do not have these faults and
I am okay with that.  But a seperate class, there is no need.  The dogs with a
missing tooth can be beautifully structured and move correctly they don't have
their own class.  Show your coats no one is stopping you, it doesn't say you
can't show them.  But to have a seperate class to me is not right.  There are
other ways to make money without sacrificing our breed / standard.

Another thing, if we are trying to make money because of the Centennial
Celebration with the WDA portion of it which I have always said we may have
bitten off more then we can afford, if this is the reason for trying to make
more money etc., then maybe we should not have extended ourselves in the first
place.

I am trying to be a team player here but I just do not agree with a few things
that is happening.  Money isn't worth sacrificing the integrity of the GSD
standard and the breed.  Show your coats if they are good enough, the judge
will and some have put them up, there is no need for a seperate class to judge
them.

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis