[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE BOARD

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:09:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/23/2007 10:17:44 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
When you  run for office you make a commitment to be at the meetings. It is a
honor and  responsibility that should not be taken lightly, especially if you
have duties  to perform at the meeting.

Kris--no truer word has ever been spoken. People who have not served  don't
realize--except Evan--who always credits the Board's hard work <G>  how
difficult the travel,the time and effort it takes.  After 30 yrs of off  and on
Board
experience and 4 yrs as President,I  agree completely with  Kris. It is not
fun and games and seeing the country and getting paid. It is  hard exhausting
work. I'd get home from a Board meeting, and this was in my  younger days, and
I wouldn't want to talk to anyone ,not see anyone--I was wiped  out.
Unfortunately, like everyone else, I had to go to work. . I missed one  meeting
as a
Board member,I'd had a slight stroke,but recovered nicely and got  to the next
one., I never missed one as a President. There are two offices that  cannot
afford to miss any meeting--President and Recording Secretary. If fact  the
recording secretary is more necessary that the President. The Vice Pres can
take
over and run the meeting,but the Recording secretary can NEVER be absent.  She
has all the equipment--Microphones for the Board members table,audio for the
audience and the recorder for recording the Board minutes plus the laptop.
When  Ginny was Secretary,she had a special suitcase made to hold the equipment

to take to the meetings. I presume that she passed that on to Marge,but I
don't  know for sure.  But when the secretary misses a meeting ,I assume the
equipment is not available So minutes  have to be taken by hand by some  other
Board member. This really poses a problem.  In the early years   the ruling was
,if a Board member missed two unexcused meetings( death illness)  he/she was
off the Board.. When that stopped being in effect,I can't tell you  Sorry to
bore you with more history Helen Miller  Fisher