[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE BOARD

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "frank fasano" <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 11:14:18 -0500

I think one of our new Board members missed their very first meeting this
year..no family emergency, not health issues. Was there a reprimand?

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

did you miss a GSDCA Meeting?- For those of you who do not know the meeting
dates are set by the Bylaws and there are just three of them a year aside
from the National. Notice is given at the previous meeting as to the next
location so you have four months to plan.
> Now no one looks forward to buying a ticket ( you have to pay up front
and get reimbursed a couple months later) getting up at 4:00 to catch a
6:00 A.M. flight, for me it means connecting somewhere , getting to a site
to see a potential show location and spending btween 12-16 hours in
meetings. I have made every meeting, once so sick I stayed in my room and
sat away from everyone so they would not get sick. Frank who is not the
whelper here has had to deliver two litters. When you run for office you
make a committment to be at the meetings. It is a honor and responsibility
that should not be taken lightly, especially if you have duties to perform
at the meeting.
> Now I have never missed a meeting but let us suppose as a Board member
you can't make a meeting. What would be the right thing to do? Who would
you call? The President- the person in cahrge of room reservations- would
you just not show up? Would you wait until the meeting to let someone know?
> Let's assume you are at a meeting and the Board requests that you do
something. Absent it being against your moral or ethical obligations or
against the Bylaws , would you comply?  If a Board member called and left a
message would you return the call? If you were aware of rules would you
ignore them? Just wondering- would REALLY LIKE TO HEAR FROM THE
CANDIDATES-Kris