[ SHOWGSD-L ] Stop the madness

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:37:39 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/07 8:28:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
shofar_k9s@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Frankly,  I thing we should revote, writing in our choice for president.  I
say,  vote in Mr. Spock.  He is logical, and smart, and is expert at dealing
with situations in a nonemotional way.

As I have posted in the past, I am the ballot counting organization for a
national club.  They have no slate, and everyone can vote for whoever they
want
by writing in a name. There are six positions to be filled, and so we get
150 votes with all different combinations. I have seen every person I know get
 least one vote, (except me for some reason), and it is a mess to compile.

There seems to be no real method to the voting, and it looks like the
highest number of votes might be under ten. The rest is spread thin between
hundreds of people.

We have a great system, compared to this one. But, I haven't been able to
convince them to pick a slate. Maybe next year when I refuse to do it, they
might reconsider. This is the second time I have done it, and it takes 100s of
hours to list the votes.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/