[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sterotyping PIT BULLS

  • From: "Chris S. Kimerer" <tanbarkgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 05:34:16 -0700 (PDT)

Kathy is SO correct on this one!  These dogs that are coming accross the border
or the ones so indiscrimanately bred by people who have no clue of what they
are doing are very very dangerous.  They still have all that instinct but no
direction or channeling so anyone can fall victim to them.  And now there are
the "new" power breeds, Cane Corsos, Neo's, Black Russian Terriers, Tibetan
Mastiffs, and yes, the Caucasian Ovcharkas (my next dog when I have time to
train it the right way).  NONE of those breeds are for the average pet owner,
but the wrong people for the wrong reasons want those dogs  They went thru the
GSD, Rotts, Dobes, even Pitts etc, so now, these new breeds.  Of course, they
are NOT new, just now more abundant since there are more breeders of such dogs
here in the US.   Problem is, most on this list understand this, it's the
people out there that don't, and don't care.  So a breed such as the pit has
such a negative
 reputation that they are banning them, also not a good thing, since now there
are people wanting them just for that reason.  It's a vicious cycle and I don't
think very fixable, the breed is the looser here.

It's a topic one can endlessly discuss without a positive outcome, since it's
not the people here on this list that are the problem.  At least some of the
furvor of the press chasing such stories has waned.  It is heartbreaking though
when one hears of stories such as a little girl getting ripped apart.  Even if
she did survive, the emotional scars will be there for life, very sad.  All we
can really do is try to educate those we do come in contact with, but I think
that is a minority.

JMO

Chris

Chris S. (Jolley)  Kimerer
http://www.tanbarkgsd.com/

GrCh. Tanbark's 2MuchBling Joelle Aramist OFA H/E
GrCh. Trotwood's Emerald v Tanbark Joelle Aramist
AOE Sel.Ex.Ch.Carousel Farms Samantha, PT, TC OFA H/E
Ch. CaralonQED JD Drew Bleibtreu, RN OFA H/E
Ch. Cresther's Blast of Kenlyn, HI, CDX, OFA