[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Speaking of the WHITE GS, Question!

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: Gatlinp@xxxxxxx, VSabiaB@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:38:55 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/2006 7:08:05 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Gatlinp@xxxxxxx writes:
If   you have a person wanting to join your Regional club and you know they
have white GS and are involved in Obedience and have bred a litter  of  white
GS.

Here we go again. The List has just calmed down from one   contentious
subject,now we start on the White GSD for the 6th time in 5 yrs. I  could care
less
if someone owns a white GS,shows it in Performance,Obed,Rally  --whatever .
Love it and enjoy it  but to deliberately breed for a specific
disqualification
is unthinkable. Like breeding GSD with a cropped tail or  dropped ears. Yes
back in history whites were used,and as a result Von  Stephanitz ruled them out
like he did wirehaired and longcoats . Just being  practical  for a working
dog. Yes Lloyd Brackett tried it also,but didn't  continue since he didn't like
what he got. All the arguments and reasons were  discussed thoroughly,by the
Board and at the annual meeting. and a ballot went  to the membership in 1968
& AKC ,when we made White  a disqualification  in the Standard.. Talk about
"beating a dead horse" Helen Miller  Fisher