[ SHOWGSD-L ] update on 3 month old K-9 "Jack" at the NY State Fair - a BIG hit

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 21:39:56 EDT

Thank you everyone for all of the wonderful emails about my story of Jack
being with the NY State K-9 troopers for the next 2 weeks at the  NY State
Fair.
I must have gotten 50 emails from you guys!  You wanted an update, so here is
the update.  Trooper Jeff just called.  Although Jeff's had Jack for 2 days,
today was opening day at the Fair, and Jack's first real 'show'.  Well,
Trooper Jeff said that Jack really doesn't do anything much on the agility
equipment, but went on to say that 'he doesn't have to'.  He said Jack is the
'hit' of
the show and while the folks like seeing the big K-9 german shepherd dogs,
they really want to see 'the puppy'.  He said everyone keeps asking 'where is
the
puppy?"  "Where is the puppy!"  Evidently, Jack is a real showman, and loves
the kids and having all of this attention.  He said Jack is very well behaved.
 Today, as Trooper Jeff was leaving the fair, he said he was walking through
the 'horticultural' building, with big K-9 german shepherd dog in one hand,
and little 3 month old Jack in the other hand, walking side by side.  All of a
sudden a group of adults, not even kids, but adults screamed 'there's
Jack'................not there's big german shepherd K-9 dog or trooper with
police
dogs, but 'there's Jack'.  Guess that says how the presentation is going so
far!
 Trooper Jack said this is the best program they've ever had.  Too bad that
Jack will be all grown up this time next year and won't be the cute, dark, 3
month old german shepherd puppy with his ears up, that he is now.  Life is too
short and our dogs grow up too fast.  See you all later, and oh, I'm going to
the Fair on Sunday to see Jack myself!  I'll let you know what I think of his
performance!  Thanks for listening.  Cheryl Olson/Tindrock