[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Some history again

  • From: Patricia Evans <patsgsdpups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:53:53 -0700 (PDT)

Other possibility, list of questions, and interview the "expert" group for the
Review.  Or 1 or 2 questions and ask the top 20 in the breed to answer the
questions.  How about a list questionaire?  All the listers name their top 20
(or so) more influential GSD people, take the list and use the ones with the
most "votes"
  Pat Evans
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/2/07 8:39:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Maybe it's time to start documenting the history of the breed through the
eyes and ears of those that were there......the dogs, the people and all that
experience...it seems a shame to let it slip away.

A number of years ago, I suggested that I was going to video tape some of
the leaders of this breed. I wanted to talk to Bob Penny, Joan and Fran Ford,
The Rinkes, Gloria and Cappy, Ernie Loeb and a couple of others.

When word got out that I wanted to do this, and was starting it, someone who
worked in video asked if he could help, and he went to the board for
approval, and I think even some funds. I then was given a list of who he wanted
interview, and I only knew one of the ten people he thought were the leaders
of our breed. None of my suggestions were included. He then decided to take
over the project, and I realized it would not work with a committee, so I
dropped it.

He never went forward as far as I know, and we know who we have now lost.
Someone needs to do this, but it should be an effort of one. As soon as you get
a committee, there is seems to be no agreement of who should be included.

I now have lost my enthusiasm for the project, but maybe someone else will
take it over. A camera is cheap, and the only cost would be a meal for those
you interview, and maybe the expense of travel.

Little enough expense to save these memories.

Evan (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

http://mail.yahoo.com