[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Some history again

  • From: "robert dir" <dir@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>, <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 21:16:22 -0600

Dear Helen,
Your comments are so very true.  I can remember when you and Denny Kodner
were my handling idols.  Because Denny was only a couple of hours from me I
did travel with her a time or two.  She was a very difficult task master but
I learned so much from her.
My first job was to paper the crates at her kennel before we took off.
OOOOPS  did not do that right.  She wanted the papers to come up around the
bottom of the crate so if a dog had an accident it did not get into the next
crate.  Well gee how sensible was that and I always did that there after.
Plus she showed me how to do shreds in the crate so if an animal did have a
problem it was usually covered by the shredded newspaper.  That was a really
valuable lesson that I used forever.  Shreds are great when the pups are
getting up and going.  They stomp the poop into the shreds and stay cleaner.
Denny and Helen were great GSD handlers and I have always looked up to them.
Best Wishes Ladies,
Sandi Card