[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Skinny GSD-EPI

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx>, <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 10:14:20 -0800

I agree Mary.......
Having 'easy keepers' and good eaters is as IMPORTANT TO A BREEDING PROGRAM
as anything I can think of!!
Some young perfectly healthy dogs  ( not a lot different than young kids )  do
go through
a time of being leaner than we all like .......but always with maturity fill
out and are fine.
Also a dog that is shedding in our group.....always goes through about a month
of being
thinner than we want while shedding.    They continue to eat well and feel well
and stools
are fine......but  can look thinner than we like.   As soon as they get through
that month or
 two .....the pounds come right back on.   We use only Adult Maintenance dog
food on all
our dogs ( nothing special ) ....young or old.    They do great in their
performance and their
general health and look good enough for an occasional win in the conformation
ring.
Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com