[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Skinny GSD-EPI

  • From: GSD0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: DestinoGS1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:39:40 EST

THANK YOU Mary!

Ok.... I'll go along with the fact that commercial dog food is not all that
it could be.  Some are dangerous...some are extremely dangerous.... and
others are just a little dangerous.  But unless we are nutritionists with a
specialty in canine feeding our best bet is a good commercial dog food (one
that  is
just a little dangerous).

When I was a child we had German Shepherds live 12 years on table scraps  and
Kennel Ration my parents bought at the grocery store.  We  never had dogs
with "food allergies". And never had one bloat or torsion until  the early
'70's.

The fact is: most of the health problems in the breed have been because  some
of us want to excuse known problems in our breeding stock to get a show
winner.  And when a show winner is produced from those dogs they are bred  to
with
no regard for the possible problem.  Before you know it there are  dogs
everywhere with that problem... EPI, heart problems, spinal problems (dead
tails
and dragging toes).

Thanks again for the voice of reason.

Gary Lewis
**************Stay up-to-date on the latest news - from fashion trends to
celebrity break-ups and everything in between.
(http://www.aol.com/?ncid=emlcntaolcom00000024)