[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Skinny GSD-EPI

  • From: gsd0110@xxxxxxx
  • To: denwil2007@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 19:58:47 -0500

Denise,
My experience with EPI (one bitch several years ago) and from what I have
learned tal;king to others who have had dogs affected is that they eat like
they are starved (which they are).... They would eat ANY food you put down from
the most expensive all the way down to corn bread.? Their stool is copious,
fouls-smelling, and light clay colored.

Some dogs are just anorexic... no apparent reason, just don't like to eat....
apparently.? Those dogs REALLY drive me nuts... LOL?? My solution for that
problem has been fried chicken livers.... cut in very small pieces (they like
them fried vs boiled or raw) and mixed with the food so that if they get all
the liver they HAVE to eat the food.? Also feed in a crate with NO
distractions.... including you.....? It is inexpensive but time consuming and
hasn't failed to work for me ... yet? (A very wise old black man?once told me
that?YET was an acronym for You Eligible Too... oh it was not FB).

Gary Lewis