[ SHOWGSD-L ] San Antonio

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:54:32 -0500

Someone on this list (don't remember who) wished us yucky weather in San
Antonio, (in jest)  well your wish came true, it was not great - but the
people were!!   Louie Christina can move mountains, from motel show grounds to
great trophies, most cost donated, rooms for judges -  donated, great food  for
exhibitors in a nice hospitality room prepared by wife Rose.  Nice big ring,
great footing of grass.   Thanks to all for a great show.
One van had an accident, no injuries, did not get to show,  one handler got the
time wrong and was late missing classes.  Weather kept some away.  Points began
to fall.
TR's Antonio was Winners Dog, Best Of Winners and BOB.  His movement is
outstanding;  Very athletic, with strong ligamentation, very good condition.
One ear not perfect, eye could be somewhat darker.  A wonderful length & lay
back of the blade, long upper arm, set on at the right angle.  Opened up freely
in the forequarter,  very impressed with the power from the rear.   Drove well
under the body and finished with a full follow through, he opened up the angle
of the lower thigh completely.  Back was strong, he leveled out as he gaited,
no change when exhibited on a loose lead.  This dog suspends visibly with grace
and ease.   I was not at the National where he was winners dog but I do agree
with the judge there that stated he was "like a ballet dancer"  Graceful and
cat like yet powerful.  A  shoulder seldom seen on males these days  Unless
something very unforeseen happens believe this dog is destine for a very
special career.
Reserve Winners Dog:  Peddacres Let's Roll.  A male of good quality.  Tight
back, clean on both ends, covered ground nicely with feet close to the ground.
Winner Bitch - Eventide's Rizzo Of Dershimer
A very pretty bitch, eye appealing.  I am not going to comment on this bitch
extensively.  I did not know who she was and was somewhat taken aback when
told, during pictures, that she was sired by our male.  Prefer not to have
progeny exhibited under me. She was not going to be shown but was pulled from
the crate at the last minute as she would hold the points. She was reserve WB
the day before.   Worked the winners class thoroughly, letting the Reserve
Bitch, Winners Bitch and Best Puppy each have an opportunity.  Reserve Bitch
came from open.  Caretti-Jerrwen's Strike Zone.  Too bad the sire of the
Reserve Bitch was lost due to an infection, he has produced nicely.
Best Puppy:  Jerrwen's Georgia On My Mind.   A substantial bitch for her age.
Very typey, a good mover with a nice back.  Very nice pigment with a pretty
head piece.  Was a steady mover, balanced and clean.

 Had a very lovely Select Champion shown.  Ch Cross Timbers Cargogh Clihu.  It
is not easy to by pass dogs of this quality.   Normally, this dog would be an
easy BOB winner.  He is handsome, sound, a good mover, clean, and of good
character.  A very competitive Champion deserving of his Select title.
Nancy Harper