[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sad National

  • From: Jackie Short <marcatoshepherds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:46:43 -0400

*I really doubt that the public looks at the standard and says oops, the US
dogs don't have level backs which are parallel to the ground; therefore I
must buy a german dog.*
That's not what I said at all.  When people read the standard or I quote
them the standard, and then see my American dog stacked up, they ask me why
my dog's back isn't straight when I just quoted to them that the standard
calls for a straight back.  They're not equating straight to the way our
dogs look in stack.  They're equating it to the dogs 20-40 years ago that
had toplines that didn't drop at all when set up.
They don't know the difference between German and American until somebody
tells them, but they do know they don't like the topline sloping as it does.
--
Jackie & Jonathan Nguyen
Marcato German Shepherds <http://www.sparkly-lion.net/marcatogsd>