[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]/testicles

  • From: MyJoyGS@xxxxxxx
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, rautt75@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:53:50 -0400 (EDT)

I thought it was in our standard but obviously not but it is in the AKC
rules for showing a dog in conformation.  So yes if the 6-9 was DQ because  he
was missing a testicle the judge was right in doing so because its in the
AKC  rules.

Joyce  Willis
MyJoy German Shepherds
Home of Sel Exc Ch. Aramist Enchanted of  MyJoy

In a message dated 10/17/2013 3:31:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx writes:

In the breed ring?  It's an AKC thing.  I included the text  below.  And
yes, if a judge DQ'd a 6-9 month old puppy in the breed ring  w/ a missing
testicle, the judge was correct.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC

visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 10/17/2013 3:04:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
rautt75@xxxxxxxxx writes:

i've  seen judges dismiss pups 6-9 mos. for one testicle.   So is it a
judge thing or is it a dq?
Anne,GA

Sent from my iPad

>  On Oct 17, 2013, at 1:06 PM, "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <myjoygs@xxxxxxx>  wrote:
>
> Okay correct me if I am wrong isn't conformation  judged according to the
GSD Standard and I believe it says the dog has to  have both testicles.  So
how can it be a DQ in the ring and not in the  standard?  I am confused.

<Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent: Thu, Oct 17, 2013 9:15  am
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]/testicles
>

> It's not a DQ according to the GSD standard, it is a DQ  for showing in
the
> breed ring.  A lot of folks confuse  the two, so I guess it would be a
good
> idea, like Lori  suggested to further define.
>
> Just as a refresher, here are  the current DQs for our standard:
>

> Cropped or  hanging ears
> Dogs with noses not predominantly  black.
>  Undershot jaw.
> Docked tail.
> White dogs.
> Any dog that  attempts  to bite the judge
>
> The DQs for the breed ring  are listed in Chaper 11 section 8 of the AKC
> book, it is a  PDF, not sure this will come through the list but if it
doesn't,
>  page 45:
>

> SECTION 8.
>  A  dog which is blind, deaf, castrated,
> spayed, or  which  has been changed in appearance by
> artificial means except as  specified in the  standard for
> its  breed, or a male  which does not have two normal
> testicles normally located in the  scrotum, may  not
> compete at any show and will be  disqualified  except
> that a  castrated male may be  entered as Stud Dog in
> the Stud Dog  Class and a spayed bitch  may be entered
> as  Brood Bitch in the Brood Bitch Class. A dog  will
> not  be considered to have been changed by artificial
> means because of removal of dewclaws or docking  of
>  tail if it is of a breed in which such removal or  docking
> is  a  regularly approved practice which is not contrary
> to  the  standard. Neutered dogs and spayed bitches
> would be   allowed to compete in Veterans Classes only
> at  independent  specialties and/or those all-breed shows
> which do not offer any  competitive classes beyond  Best
> of  Breed.

> Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
>  Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
>
>  visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/
>

> In a  message dated 10/17/2013 8:51:49 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>  barbara17236@xxxxxxx writes:
>
> Yes, Kathy they can BUT   I wonder just how many MALES were neutered
because
> they only had 1  testicle  descend normally?  That is clearly a DQ, which
is
> no longer a DQ, after  neutering.
>

> Barb Hively - PA
> DNA.  It's what  makes a white, a German  Shepherd

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of  the
> original  author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO  REPRODUCTIONS or
> FORWARDS of
> any kind  are permitted  without prior permission of the original author
> AND of
>  the  Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
>
> Each  Author is responsible  for the content of his/her post.  This
group
> and its administrators are  not responsible for the  comments or opinions
> expressed in any post.
>
>  ALL  PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> MANNER  OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT  THE EXPRESS
> PERMISSION OF  ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE  LIST MANAGEMENT IS
> EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS  A  VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL

_admin@showgsd.org_