[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ]/testicles

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: myjoygs@xxxxxxx, barbara17236@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 13:46:25 -0400 (EDT)

It is not a DQ in our standard.  It IS a DQ for the AKC breed  ring.  I
have included the DQs for both the standard and the AKC breed ring  from the
rule book below.

So...obviously you would not show a dog with a missing testicle in the
breed ring, but I suppose you could in the performance ring and still be
eligible for PC awards...who knows?  More importantly, who cares?

Logically I would think if someone kept a male with one testicle to do
performance with, by the time it reached the higher levels, for health reasons
it would have been neutered.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 10/17/2013 1:06:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
myjoygs@xxxxxxx writes:

Okay correct me if I am wrong isn't conformation  judged according to the
GSD Standard and I believe it says the dog has to have  both testicles.  So
how can it be a DQ in the ring and not in the  standard?  I am confused.

If below is the case this is messed up.

MYJOY  SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis