[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Responses to Updating the White GSD

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barbara17236@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 13:29:13 -0800 (PST)

Shows showing as a White Shepherd than white GSD's in classes.

The UKC Premier a top UKC show only have seen 1 white GSD showing as a GSD.
Be in Indiana or Michigan only 1 white GSD in class but there are numberous
White
Shepherd Dogs at the UKC Shows I have attended showing as a White Shepherd.

I believe if you are serious about breeding a White Shepherd you should only
breed
to a White Shepherd.  This way you always get a White Shepherd not a litter of
off-white and faded color GSD's.

I have had experience with seeing, owning and breeding GSD's with white parents.

They are lovely dogs but they are not AKC Conformation Show Dogs.  Why would
you want to change the Standard of the White Shepherd to conform to be a Show
GSD?  The white GSD doesn't even seem to win at the UKC shows with the top
GSD's there.

Theresa

**That is a SMALL group of WS fanciers who did that.  The members of the WGSDCA
and WGSDCII are not for breed separation. We show our whites as UKC German
Shepherds.

And, if that group was so "for" breed separation, why can a UKC German Shepherd
be bred to a UKC White Shepherd some 12 years later?????   The offspring may be
individually registered as either UKC GSD or UKC WS.

IMO - the UKC did to appease a small group of people.  And, only a small number
of breeders / owners actively show their UKC White Shepherds consistently at
UKC shows.  Heck, some of the AWSA members won't show in UKC at all.  They show
at AWSA shows instead.

Barb Hively - PA
DNA.  It's what makes a white, a German Shepherd