[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:15:21 +0000

Thank You, Stormy!!!  This has always been my pet peeve - shelters and shelter
employees who are there because they love animals portrayed as killers to make
rescuers feel better.  Remember that in many cases shelter workers are the very
ones who 'rescue' the animals from deplorable conditions and that in many
instances shelter conditions are far better than where the animals came from!!!
 I'm not saying that conditions couldn't be better but attacking the folks and
facilities who are trying to help isn't helpful either.  And folks wonder why
shelter workers are not friendly, happy, bubbly people.  Just try it for a week
and walk in their shoes....... you'd understand why some shelters are not
'rescuer' friendly.....
JMO.

--
Suzanne