[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx, Stormy435@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 19:42:05 EST

Suzanne, I think my message was that there ARE horrible shelters.   Let's be
careful not to include those who aren't like that.   Some of L.A. county
shelters are terrible....walk through the South L.A. one and cry!   But others
in
the county aren't.   I look at the areas in which these shelters are located,
and can almost tell without further research which are o.k., which are pretty
darn good, and which are horrible.   Follow the money, just like neighborhood
schools.   This is for L.A., I can't speak for what I can't know about.

Stormy
In a message dated 2/6/08 4:27:25 PM, tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Thank You, Stormy!!!  This has always been my pet peeve - shelters and
> shelter employees who are there because they love animals portrayed as
> killers to
> make rescuers feel better.  Remember that in many cases shelter workers are
> the very ones who 'rescue' the animals from deplorable conditions and that in
> many instances shelter conditions are far better than where the animals came
> from!!!  I'm not saying that conditions couldn't be better but attacking the
> folks and facilities who are trying to help isn't helpful either.  And folks
> wonder why shelter workers are not friendly, happy, bubbly people.  Just try
> it for a week and walk in their shoes....... you'd understand why some
> shelters are not 'rescuer' friendly.....
> JMO.

"You may never know what results come from your action.
But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
                                           Mahatma Gandhi
Stormy Hope
www.FairhopeGSD.www

48)