[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Rescue

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ejdegen@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 17:09:34 -0700

I agree wholeheartedly with Julie Degen on this.
The dog biting a child and one of the adults in its
own family that it has lived with for 2  1/2  years
is a pretty clear warning something is wrong.
If the dog cannot be trusted with its own family it
SURELY CANNOT be trusted anywhere else!!!

Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com

On Behalf Of Julie Degen  Sent: Friday, October 04, 2013 1:56 PM
To: showgsd-l@freelists.orgCc: bruiser@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Rescue

I am going to be politically incorrect here....but I would feel
irresponsible
if I just ignored this post and did not respond.

Dogs move all the time and moving is not an excuse for bad behavior.

This bitch has "nipped" the mother and bitten a 6 year old child that she
lived with for TWO YEARS.

I would NEVER rehome this dog and feel that the rescue that "turned her
down" did the responsible thing.

When I work with aggressive dogs, I insist that the dog never be rehomed.
The original family needs to
learn how to manage the dog, or it goes on a one way trip.

Sometimes dogs shouldn't get a second chance.

Julie Degen
www.caissonkennels.com
Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 4, 2013, at 3:38 PM, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Msg: #2 in digest
> From: "Robert George" <bruiser@xxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: Annie, the Rescue Mom
>
> Our rescue took in Annie and her litter of pups in April 2011.  She was
left
> in a park along with her pups that were less than a week old.  We took
them
> in and raised them as litter of own.  After we placed the puppies we
spayed
> Annie and placed her in May 2011.
>
> Fast forward to a few days ago when I received an email from her owners.
It