[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Reggie Johnson

  • From: "legatogsd" <legatogsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:47:45 -0600

>    Yay...something uplifting and marvelous to watch grow!
> Jamie

Amen to that!  A friend and her father stopped by the shows in New Orleans
on Saturday to spectate.  She and her 90 year old father used to show in
conformation.  She commented that the same faces were there that day that
would have been there 10 years ago, or even 15 or more years ago.

People like Reggie, Ross, and Alex are IMPORTANT to our breed and our sport.
Ross Farrell (Peggy Douglas' grandson) finished our dog, Ch. Legato's Born
on the Bayou PT.  We have used Alex.  And, I am sure we will use Reggie if
we ever get back into showing.  I just really like that kid.  You can't help
but like him.  It's great to see people encouraging him.....because in case
you haven't looked around lately, the same old folks are around and they
ain't gettin' any younger.  Handler's knees will not last forever folks.  We
NEED a younger generation.  (No offense to the 'old' guys.)  <g>

Linda
Legato German Shepherds
*and the Sch3 Mini-Mal Wonder Dog*
http://www.geocities.com/legatogsd