[ SHOWGSD-L ] Reggie Johnson

  • From: "Robert Braue" <mfsbrowz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Showgsd-l" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:29:39 -0600

Prompted by Flower Boy's post about this up and coming fine young handler, I
feel our breed is richly rewarded by the generosity that Ed, Evan, Thurban,
Bart, and Bill Basu are contributing for a potential trip to CA this summer.
.

Other mentors who have contributed heavily to Reggie's successes are James
and LaVerne Moore, his neighbors and GSD breeders; Mary Ehrhart who has
influenced his high school academic effort; and CERTAINLY Dr. Les and Cheryl
Anderson of Loanoke, AR.

Cheryl will drive to Reggie's home and pick him up to take to her home for
weekends at this home-away-from home and has an opportunity to work with the
Anderson's GSD's.  Reggie spent his birthday weekend at the Anderson's home.
The Anderson's have also contributed Reggie's fashionable show wardrobe -
you'll remember his dapper appearance at the Nationals. Many others have
helped with his expenses while traveling for shows.

Two weekends ago in AR, Reggie put a major on a dog bred by James and
LaVerne Moore.  This past weekend he put majors on a dog and a bitch bred by
Darnel Echols, a fellow Memphis club member.  Reggie is an associate member
of our GSDC of Memphis and will have lots to brag about  at our meeting
tomorrow night

It's a wonderful feeling to know that so many of our GSD family are reaching
out to help this young man.  At our specialty shows two years ago in Forrest
City, AR, Kent, Bart, Sheree, Kelly S., the Anderson's, the Moore's and
others spent time giving him tips on handling and grooming.  And with all
this attention, you'll find that Reggie continues to be a very respectful,
humble, polite and competitive 16 year old gentleman.

Thanks, Ed, particularly the Anderson's, and all others mentioned above for
helping this young man build his future as a GSD handler.

Bob Braue    Memphis