[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Reggie Johnson

  • From: "edwinx" <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mfsbrowz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-l" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 08:53:57 -0800

I truly enjoyed reading about all the support given to Reggie. I am very
sensitive about teenagers in general and black males in specific...having
spent many years working in Juvenile Halls in Alameda County (Oakland) and
Santa Clara County (San Jose) I know what happens to many teens who live in
circumstances that they had nothing to do with creating, single family
homes, no fathers, poor depressed neighborhoods, high crime, drugs, horrible
schools etc...and believe me the kids that do not live under these
conditions also need the support of the entire community...there are a lot
of folks in our breed helping kids and teens in this sport...some I know and
some I don't know....but you know who you are...on behalf of all of
us...Thank you very much....there is a poster in the staff room at the
school I Student teach at...it says....in 100 years no one will remember the
kind of car I drove or how much money I made ( or perhaps how many dogs you
finished)...but maybe the world will be a better place because of the
influence I had on a child!...Ed Hill