[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESCUE UPDATE

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 10:41:19 -0800 (PST)

Another week has flown by....Phoenix is safe with Rescue in Delaware, JonJon
(stuffed into a night drop box in an Ohio shelter...no idea how they
accomplished this as he is HUGE) will have his tumor removed and already has an
adoptive home waiting with one of his Rescuers, Little Mr. No name arrived at
Lilac Grove in New Hampshire and has been pronounced the SWEETEST guy
imaginable (just awaiting a name), and a Georgia Rescue is working on the
rescue of yet another purebred GSD momma and her brand new babies who are on
borrowed time in a York County, SC. shelter. Her "out" date is Tuesday.
All of these were recipients of LHSH funding in one way or another, and for the
continued
flow of donations....we thank you all from the bottom of our hearts.
The no name GSD was literally snatched moments from being euthanized! The
attendant was walking him back to the kill room when Brandi (Deb's transport
person who happened to be there picking up puppies) asked where he was going!
When they told her, she said,
"No he's not...he can come with me" and then informed Deb that she would be
having one more added to her list. As it worked out, this guy is so worthy of
the chance for a new life...he is already attached to Deb and cries for her
when she leaves him.

These are the moments we live for....the happily ever after kind....
With deepest gratitude,
The Team from LHSH

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.