[ SHOWGSD-L ] RESCUE UPDATE

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 04:46:32 -0700 (PDT)

The long holiday weekend is upon us, and for Rescue, that means more dogs in
need than ever. Transports are needed from NY to Boise Idaho; a long way, to be
sure but if you can even do a LEG of the journey, PLEASE contact me!
There is a purebred GSD in Elyria Ohio who is destined to be euthanized
tomorrow morning. This leaves only TODAY to get him to safety. We have no more
fosters in the Ohio/Pa area at this time; all of our kennel space is full to
overflowing. If you believe you can help this dog, PLEASE contact Karin Baldwin
at mkbaldwin@xxxxxxxxxxx as I will not be in state today. LHSH will pay all
pull fees/vaccinations/neuter and I am certain that since he is a "pup" he will
be eminently placeable and we might even be able to get him transport to NH
where Lilac Grove Farm in Rye is working with LHSH as a Safe Haven.
Heidi in Georgia is still looking for her forever someone. Heidi came to us
with signs of an imbedded collar, severely infected ears and in generally bad
physical shape. She is now healthy and happy; tho a home without cats or small
dogs would be necessary. While she is AWESOME with people, Heidi has some prey
drive goin on!
LHSH is now in negotiation with New Beginnings Rescue in South Carolina to
establish our Sanctuary!!! Julia Rollison has several extra acres that she is
willing to allow us to utilize and LHSH and she are trying to put this together
post haste!
Last Hope, Safe Haven is just that ...the last hope for many of the elderly
dogs who through no fault of their own find their way into a kill facility and
face a horrific end. This Sanctuary would give us the opportunity to offer them
a place to rest their heads with good food, medical care and all the love Julie
can offer. She is home 24/7 with these dogs and has committed her life to
giving solace to the unwanted. It is just the start of future efforts, where an
expanded Sanctuary will be able to provide us with time to retrain and rehome
the adoptable dogs who are flooding the shelters nationally.
If you would like to consider memorializing your dog by purchasing a paddock in
his or her name, we will provide a plaque that will permanently remain on that
paddock.
We are attempting to fashion this Sanctuary after the pattern of Leo Grillos
Delta Rescue in California, where dogs have large areas to run in and haybale
dog houses that are warm in winter and cool in summer.
We will continue to update you as this exciting opportunity progresses!
Please visit our website at Lasthopesafehaven.com for more information on our
ongoing fundraisers!
As always, for the more than 185 dogs that now are able to bask in the summer
sunshine.....we will be eternally grateful to this list and its dedicated
members.
The Members of Last Hope, Safe Haven Inc.

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to:
Paypal via windwych@xxxxxxxxx