[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Questions

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 14:13:55 -0800

Is there any validity in posting a FEDERAL no trespass sign on one's
property?  I have read them, they are lengthy, but I understand it will give
even the most over the top A/C zealots, cops , etc a real pause before
crossing it.   True or???
Is it just making it MORE likely that they would be "interested " in your
(collective you) place if such a sign is posted?
We keep our gate locked 24/7 , 365 days.  Home or not.
We had a neighbor with an OLD horse that had a melanoma (the animal was at
least 27 years old) he finally went down, and was put to sleep by a
vet. (This is true, because they called me over several times during the
year to check on him when he would colic from his illness)  The deadstock
people didn't get to their place for a few hours...so there's the horse,
deceased, lying at the front of the property.  Some jerk face called AC, and
they show up, walked through the closed, chained, but not locked gate and
YES there are No Trespass signs on the fence.  Started taking pictures,
interrogating the very surprised, grieving  owner .  They commented "the
horse is gant and has no hay out"   The distraught owner of the now
euthanized animal explained that the horse had cancer, and had lost much
weight over the last couple of months. And furthermore why would anyone
leave hay out for a dead horse???
  They left, and it took a fax from the VET to call off the wolves.
How and why were they able to so easily violate this man's rights?   They
were not "invited " on the property...they showed up and went through a
gate.......
They didn't listen, they threatened to prosecute.
It was awful.  Like losing the animal wasn't bad enough.  AC Gestapo is
right.  They seem to make up the law as they go.
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
PUP-DATED:   DEC 30, 2008
HOME OF::

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING