[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question # 9

  • From: gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx" <v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 07:09:03 -0400

That's great! Thank you for sharing your experience. Why do you think the
change occurred that dogs can't or shouldn't do both at the same time? Breeders
I have spoken too feel they must wait until after their dog finishes to start
obedience.

Did you find a major conflict when you did both or did the dog distinguish the
rings? Did their performance suffer in the conformation ring as a result of the
obedience?

Thank you,
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 8, 2015, at 10:16 PM, Virginia <v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is “back in the day”? A bit over 10 years ago, when I still lived in AZ
and still had GSDs, I had two, Max and Diedre that I showed in both obedience
and conformation at the same shows. More than once at local specialties they
held up an obedience class because Max was still showing in conformation J

Ginger Cleary
Rome, GA