[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Question # 9

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx" <gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 06:31:02 -0700

We had the pleasure of having Lori Nickeson's dog go BOB and High in Trial
at our major entry GSDC of Oregon specialty some years ago.
Ruth

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 4:09 AM, <gsdworkingline@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's great! Thank you for sharing your experience. Why do you think the
change occurred that dogs can't or shouldn't do both at the same time?
Breeders I have spoken too feel they must wait until after their dog
finishes to start obedience.

Did you find a major conflict when you did both or did the dog distinguish
the rings? Did their performance suffer in the conformation ring as a
result of the obedience?

Thank you,
Sarah

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 8, 2015, at 10:16 PM, Virginia <v_cleary117@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What is “back in the day”? A bit over 10 years ago, when I still lived in
AZ and still had GSDs, I had two, Max and Diedre that I showed in both
obedience and conformation at the same shows. More than once at local
specialties they held up an obedience class because Max was still showing
in conformation J

Ginger Cleary

Rome, GA