[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ques. & Answers

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 07:51:27 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2007 12:46:32 P.M. Central Daylight Time,  Gsdman2
writes:
Molly,
How could you ask this question in response to my taking an  unpopular
position on this list, in front of everyone?  You may  feel that you and others
who
have come out swinging after hearing  Margy's point of view are doing what's
right, but I have not seen any  answers given because of your and others'
outrage.  Instead I asked  a simple question that had to be weighing on many
people's minds, and I  got responses that everyone can read and consider.

Interesting use of words, swinging. There are things that might  create this
type of reaction in me, in fact an on list support of your  posts recently did
stir me to the point of being called "swinging"  after a particular pointed
and nasty post privately to me, but yours did  not take me there.  You say you
did not see any answers given.....do  you read all the posts on the list Tom?
Did you read Carolyn's of  just a few hours ago? These posts are not from
outrage Tom.  They are  not, as Carolyn mentioned, out of any particular
support.
They are from  seeing something wrong.  They are the result of being present.
Were  you?

As far as your not feeling you could ever vote for me...  I  have no problem
with that.  You read my post negatively and you  responded in kind.  I am not
surprised at all.  I have no  intention of running for anything in the GSDCA.
I did consider it  once, but this list over the past several months has
convinced me  that I don't need that kind of drama in my life.  I do dogs for
fun.
 By the way, I did not say I would leave because a few other  board members
thought I should.  I said I would resign, probably  not quietly, because I
would no longer have any control over decisions I  would still be responsible
for.... and I do not think I would ever get  to that point anyway, if I were on
the board.  I do have my own  personal opinions of the various candidates which
I do not post  publicly.  I also choose not believe that anyone on the board
is evil and conspiring against one another, as many of you apparently  want to
believe.

I did not read your post as negative, I read it as you were  uninformed.  My
attempt to answer you was to answer a  question.
Most of us I think "do dogs for fun"   If it was not, why  be there.
Sometimes, circumstances may lessen the more enjoyable  part of this, but my
dogs are
still fun.
Leave/resign - action the same.  Verbiage a bit different.  Frankly, who
cares?
As to the last sentence above, again, I think perhaps you should  attend a mee
ting....it could change your perception, then again it could  not, but at
least you would be better informed.

I saw responses to my question and I have no reason to debate  anyone's
answer.  I do question any suggestion that Lew was  intentionally trying to
deceive
people when he said he had proof about  Margy and the Hunte mess.  Margy did
make changes and it is  entirely possible that Lew believed that would be a
problem. We can  all pass judgement on if she was right or wrong now, well
after
the  fact, and after seeing responses.   By all  accounts, Lew and other
board members were probably  already frustrated at her missing meetings,
excused
or not.   Do I agree with his blowing  up at a meeting?  No.   I don't even
agree with how the Hunte matter was settled, but that is a  different issue
than
accusations that some of the board or officers  conspired against others.
Some of the board might have been  mistaken in jumping to conclusions based on
one person's accusations,  but that is not at all the same thing as saying they
were duped, which  implies that they were intentionally lied to in some sort
of conspiracy  to remove another board member.
Tom

Continue to question, but at least listen to what you are told.   A couple of
board members that have spoken have supported they were  certain of a
misrepresentation.   The rest of the board are not  talking. Lew said he had
proof,
but from what I understand, it was not  produced.  Board members there have
said so.  If Margy made  changes as she says at the direction of legal advise,
then should not the  exec committee make a point to determine why and how
before
charges were  laid?   Other board members maybe were frustrated, but again as
 it said over and over, there is no provision in the bylaws or a specific
number of meetings noted that you can remove someone from office as a  result.

I do not understand why this is a point so difficult  to understand.
Duped, misrepresented, not factual........say it whatever way you are
comfortable with.  But the fact is, this board was told things that  were not
correct.  Several are pretty upset that they have fallen  into what I think
they
felt was a trap.   The whole process was  handled poorly.   Interesting how
many
processes have been  flawed and handled both poorly and improperly. I could
give you a long  list, which by the way was noted from being present.  I don't
recall  seeing you there.  Perhaps you might show up at a meeting in the
future and it will stimulate your asking questions from a platform of  being
better
informed.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life  member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone  amateur
built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the  Titanic"