[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Ques. & Answers

  • From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 03:25:52 EDT

In a message dated 9/14/2007 1:27:54 AM Central Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxx writes:
What would
both you Tom or Fred do,  if you had been publicly   "REMOVED FROM THE
BOARD".......
Would you both go quietly into the night......???

Carolyn,
All I know is the facts I have been given.  They left me with a question and
so I asked it.  I expect I wasn't the only one wondering about that question,
and now we can all consider the answers that we're given.

In regard to your question to me ... I have been asked on several occasions
to run for the board.  I chose not to, primarily because I wasn't sure I could
make four meetings a year, and unless I'm following Peggy around, I'd probably
get lost in most airports anyway. <G>  If I had run and won, I don't think I
would ever get to the point where I would be removed from the board.  No doubt
I would not be loved by every other board member because I tend to say what I
think, whether or not that is popular opinion.  However, if it got to the
point where a large majority of my fellow board members thought I should
resign,
I think I would.  I would not do so because of the apparent peer pressure.  I
would simply realize that my input would have become a waste of time, and
remaining on a board under those circumstances would leave me with virtually no
control over board decisions and actions that I would ultimately share the
responsibility for.  This is pretty much why I resigned as a list administrator
as
a matter of fact.  Would I go quietly?  Probably not so quietly that no one
would notice.  Then again, I would never go so far as to risk any sort of harm
to a club that I was dedicated enough to, to have run for its board.  You may
not see it, but from my viewpoint, the club is at risk of being sued, the
potential for another national specialty being taken away, and at great risk of
losing membership because of all of the infighting.

Tom