[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Proposed ROM Changes

  • From: BJBuie@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, dir@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 03:13:09 EDT

Sandi:
The current ROM system only awards the title to animals whose owners, at the
time the requirements are met, are GSDCA members.  I earlier posted a lengthy
proposal which I have discussed with some officers and have copied to the
board and committee chairs and which I will be presenting at the Annual
meeting.
The proposal would award the title to animals regardless of the membership
status of their owners, for the integrity of pedigrees in showing which animals
are producing.  This is the same as when a Select rating is awarded at the
national.  The animal wins the award, makes no difference the membership status
of
the owner.  In the case of the ROM, currently, owners receive a plaque and I
believe some advertising allowance.  This would not occur in the case of non
GSDCA member owned animals.  A simple letter with hopefully a certificate would
be sent.  There would be no extra cost to the PC for recognizing these
animals.  There were some other proposals on reporting changes in my proposal.
Doris was commenting on one portion of that proposal.  If you haven't seen the
full proposal on the list, let me know and I will send you a full copy.

Betty Johnson