[ SHOWGSD-L ] PAWS opposition

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmick@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:50:13 EDT

In a message dated 7/19/2005 5:29:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
What if  the majority of the Board currently feel they disagree with taking a
position  against PAWS (I am NOT saying that is the case - so far I have only
heard from  those who agree with me, and are against PAWS) ?  It is not
unusual to  see that Board members come to meetings not fully sure how they
feel
about  some issues, and get a great deal from listening to the debate and the
evolving input from the membership that occurs at the meeting.  Sometimes
people completely change their minds through that  process.

I agree that the board should act with deliberation and only  after
consideration. I would hope that since the PAWS issue is going to be  brought
up, that
the entire board has been sent copies of the law, and given a  chance to read
it and understand it before the meeting. It is difficult to have  to vote on
an issue with nothing other than the discussion at the  meeting.

Remember a few years ago when our president decided to count  all the votes,
and made that decision without the board discussing it?  It  is essential that
if our club is to take a position of an issue of national  importance, that
it be done thoughtfully.

I have faith in our board to represent us, and to do what is in the  best
interest of our club. It is unfair to complain about what is not being  done,
without a chance for the board to consider it.  This is not a small  issue, and
if the board is going to take a position on behalf of the GSDCA, I  would hope
they would be careful as to what position they take.

I do admit, however, the time to complain about our  board is almost here,
and we are missing the complaints about the upcoming  national. Doesn't anyone
have anything against the state of North  Carolina?  There must be something
wrong with it.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/