[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: PAWS opposition

  • From: "RivendellP" <rivendellp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>, <ELG440@xxxxxxx>, <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:45:11 -0700

Stormy writes...An immediate withdrawl of AKC's support of this onerous bill
would release the member clubs, other registries members,  and all animal
fanciers to remain gathered together to defeat the bill before it gets to ANY
floor.

Paul responds...

Well said Stormy. That is the purpose of trying to get as many PClub's as
possible to voice disapproval of SB 1139.
If we can get AKC to rescind their approval of the bill, we can then go on the
same attack that we did on Senator Santorum's PPA...the Puppy Protection Act.
The PPA was defeated before it was voted on with a huge "grass roots" effort by
the AKC and the fancy.

AKC is a huge player in this. I am amazed that they would even consider
supporting any bill that is also supported by HSUS, PETA, and DDAL. Talk about
sleeping with the enemy. Once we can get them to reverse their position we can
show how one sided the support is and by whom...the ARO's.

Paul