[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Outdoor dogs & the weather

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, cnnpmm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 18:48:24 -0700 (PDT)

Well here's one for all of ya. I built a house in AZ so my fur kids would not
have to endure the winter here in the Jefferson wilderness area. :0) They are
snow doggies with their snow bird mama. Today it was 100plus with 50% humidity.
It never got above 78 in the house. The floor is plumbed so that the river
water
is circulated in the floor. The Metolius river never gets above 46 degrees so
it
helps cool they house in the summer and helps heat the house when it is 20
below
in the winter. Today I turned on the water that runs over the metal roof and it
helped a lot. I have only the power I generate so running a/c is not what I
choose to do. The solar system keeps up with most of the cabin but the A/C
would
force the generator to run. One of the things that you can do in a kennel is
run
plumbing in the floor and then send hot or cold water through the pipes as
needed.
Terry on the mountain.