[ SHOWGSD-L ] Our dogs are wolves?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "ELG440" for DMARC)
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 09:54:59 -0500

But, they are the breed that looks most like wolves. Don't get caught up
in science, reason or reality. Let us keep our myths legends and
fantasies.

The appearance is probably just accidental breeding by the man who
combined two unregistered mongrel dogs to form the breed.

Evan

In a message dated 12/22/2015 10:20:47 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

When these discussions about wolves being the ancestors of our dogs or
German Shepherd Dogs it seems most are considering the wolves associated with
our own Western Frontier of North America......??
Remember....the German Shepherd Dog did not originate in this Country from
our North American wolf, or Timberwolves that are what we are familiar
with as a part of our History in the West. Our GSD Breed originated in
Germany....and therefore may have come down from the Eurasian wolf.....which
is not described the same as our North American wolves nor exactly the same
as the Bavarian wolf......? Part of these descriptions in the sites
posted use these descriptions to claim the dog does not come from the
wolf....or
DOES come from the wolf. <G>
I always wonder about the paintings and drawings of dogs that resemble the
Saluki ( supposedly the absolute oldest pure breed of dogs in the world
).....that we see in EARLY Egyptian paintings...? They are already
GENERATIONS away from being wolf-like. What about the Wild Dogs of
Africa....or
the Australian Dingo....or the Jackals. Are we really so sure which one
was the "original" of all canines......?

Carolyn marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.marhaven.com