[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Our Breed

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: helen@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:24:37 -0700

On 6/10/07, Helen Franklin <helen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm going to reply to some private emails on the list.  Why am I such a
> fan of Calvin and now Woodside's The Bounty Hunter?  Simple.  They can, and
> do, win in both rings, Specialty and All Breed.  Calvin, somewhere around 15
> Best in Shows and son Hunter just won a group lst.  Beauty combined with
> CORRECTNESS.  No hock action which is now a major fault in our breed
> today.  Where did true (clean) coming and going...go?  When did faults of
> motion not become a major fault?  When did dogs standing with their rear
> hocks touching and feet pointed outward become ok?

The PROBLEM is Helen is that if you start expounding on the virtues of a dog
you DO NOT OWN....then it should be allowed for every great dog.
How about a dog with 26 BISS/ BOBs with a Specialty finishing , Group
Winning son?
Shouldn't dogs like this get equal time???????
There are a lot of great dogs...but for a judge to  clearly promote one, ad
nauseum ...which this is...is unseemly and just plain wrong....equal time
for all stud dogs with great Specialty and AB records and progeny doing the
same  ....or nothing....for everyone...equally.

Kathy Tank

--
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Ch. Elvaston's Nations Cup, TC, OFA