[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OFA and Pancreatic testing

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: jackkilgour@xxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 13:32:15 -0400 (EDT)

Jack, I am going to thank you for Kathy and I, as we have taken this
journey together trying to shed light into what appears to be a big problem for

our breed, one that has affected us closely, and one no one is talking about
 openly.  We are praying not only for honesty, but for openness.

I hope Kathy and I can come up with a game plan, and in the process,
perhaps, help establish a data base,  thus making this information  available
for
all breeders.  Just facts.

I guess since my commentaries aren't eliciting a negative response, you
didn't quote me this time. <G>

Enjoy the National!

* Ileana  *
Love me, love my dogs.

In a message dated 10/9/2012 12:58:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jackkilgour@xxxxxxx writes:

Kathy,
You have written such intelligent, thoughtful emails and  they emote your
concerns, frustrations and hopes for the future.   YES, YES, YES... when a
dog dies - my God, especially if it dies young (3  - 9 years of age) and
it's
been used a couple of times and more  importantly a couple of hundred times
-
do the necropsy - PLEASE...and  share the information.  We are all in this
together and we can make  choices when their more informed ones.
Personally, I thought I had the  scoop on a lot of issues - the litter of 5
with G.V. in there - yikes...  how do we, as breeders know what to do?
Well,
it's our  responsibility to ask about health issues - any known that are
cropping up  out of the stud dog in waiting...and of course your example is
quite  simply a great reminder to ask about the health of the litter he
came
from.  PRAY for honesty in ourselves and in others.  It's for  our breed.
jack