[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: OFA and Pancreatic testing

  • From: "Jack Kilgour" <jackkilgour@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx>, <inquestgsd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 09:58:43 -0700

Kathy,
You have written such intelligent, thoughtful emails and they emote your
concerns, frustrations and hopes for the future.  YES, YES, YES... when a
dog dies - my God, especially if it dies young (3 - 9 years of age) and it's
been used a couple of times and more importantly a couple of hundred times -
do the necropsy - PLEASE...and share the information.  We are all in this
together and we can make choices when their more informed ones.
Personally, I thought I had the scoop on a lot of issues - the litter of 5
with G.V. in there - yikes... how do we, as breeders know what to do?  Well,
it's our responsibility to ask about health issues - any known that are
cropping up out of the stud dog in waiting...and of course your example is
quite simply a great reminder to ask about the health of the litter he came
from.  PRAY for honesty in ourselves and in others.  It's for our breed.
jack