[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: National Length Change?

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showlist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:42:31 -0700 (PDT)

I don't agree with this.  If the National is just going to be a 3 day Specialty
show I think entries will drop even more.   The national should be the EVENT.
Rather than think of ways to shave off time shorten it and make it less
spectaular I think we should consider ways to fill the hours with useful
seminars and have Herding ONSITE starting Sunday and Monday and with additional
herding matches and trials throughout the week.

  I realize that this will be additional work that the local regional club does
not need so I would propose to have each regional club responsible for bringing
something positive to the National and leave it up to those clubs to decide
what that is based on their financial state.     I think more people would
attend if there was more to do.....not less.

  It wouldn't hurt for club members to attend Nationals of other breeds in
their area....maybe we can get ideas.

Cindy

Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This National will be a good indicator of that. If we move through the
judging appropriately, not dragging it out ...it should be do-able in three
days.....I believe it is time. JMHO
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Updated: Oct 20, 2008 ~ HOME OF::
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle
WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Sherry Nolan wrote:

> Maybe the club needs to look at the length of the National...with smaller
> entries we do not need 4 days to hold a

POST is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original

Cindy
www.cinosamgsd.com