[ SHOWGSD-L ] National Brag

  • From: "Melissa" <melanagsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "freelist" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 12:43:47 -0400

Melana's Orion won 2nd 9-12 Puppy Dog handled by Michael Sherman.  The
applause, support and compliments he received from the crowd were overwhelming
and greatly appreciated.  Thank you to Jamie Walker for awarding this placing
in deep quality competition to our stunning son of SE BIM Greenwood's Achilles
out of our lovely Scoop daughter, Melana's Pandemonium. Not bad considering his
first weekends shown were just the 2 prior to the National - with three
consequetive Best Puppy wins to his credit. The winner of the 9-12 puppy dog
class was bred by my very good friend, Liz Leschhorn.  We certainly don't mind
being beat by a quality contender, so congratulations to Liz and the owners of
this handsome Dallas son.  We would also like to congratulate owners Denise &
Bill Groenwald and Peggy Kurz on Achilles National class placing.

We were very proud to present Orion's beautiful grandmother, Melana's Obsession
v Clihu, ROM in the Parade of Greats.  She is still happy, healthy and fully
functional at just a few months shy of 11 years of age, and we hope to have
many more years with her.  We were also thrilled to see several other quality
animals there who are either her grandchildren, great grandchildren, and great
great grandchildren.  After spending thousands of dollars on animals who ended
up unshowable/unbreedable, who would have ever dreamed when we purchase her
from Clifford Hughes sight unseen at 9 weeks of age that 10 years later she
would have earned the honor to be presented in the Parade of Greats.  Thank you
Rickey White for presenting our old gal for us.

Rickey also handled our handsome, Ch. Melana's Murphy's Law, in specials.  We
knew going into it that he probably wasn't this judge's "cup of tea" but it was
Rickey's dream to show the dog he finished for us earlier this year at the
National.  We were very proud to watch both of them go around the ring a few
times <g>.

It's GREAT times with GREAT friends that make for a GREAT National which is
what made this one the BEST of the 10 I've attended to date.  Congrats to all
of the winners and placers.

Melissa Campbell
www.melanashepherds.com
Melana's Orion repeat brothers available!!