[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: My take on it

  • From: Kathy Tank <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 10:08:47 -0800

Evan
I KNOW it wasn't directed at us purposely, I KNOW this....believe me.   You
do understand what we face with Kaitlyn, more than anyone, and Lord after
this weekend
we are all pretty "wiped out' pardon the pun.
But it was directed at the West Coast, and it sounded mean spirited.  Maybe
it didn't come through well on email, because I don't
think that would be like you to be mean.   Maybe I was exhausted and not
reading what I thought I did.
But right now the west is very angry.  There is a lot of talk about not
renewing memberships , about boycotting the next three nationals.
We are not boycotting, it will simply not be do able for us...period.   So
sad , because Hunter will be then 13 , the next time he is able
to step into a Nationals ring.  It really does stick it to the WHOLE west,
including Juniors.   Those of us with promising young dogs,
that looked forward to Ft Collins, will not be showing them now until they
are at least FIVE , at a nationals.
Regardless of attendance at the meeting, the outcome was disenfranchising
for the Western US.
Even our Western board members "abstained" which I find unacceptable.  Vote
your feelings one way or another so we know where you stand.
But as far as I am concerned an abstention is not supporting the interests
of the Western US...it is only " I am afraid to say".
I have zero confidence right now in the Board, or the Club in general.    It
has succeeded in dividing the membership and exhibitor base
into "us" and "them".
They complain that the club is losing money and sinking fast...and they take
away a profitable venue in the central US, namely Ft Collins.
Then in the same swath, we are forced (because the membership never got to
give it's opinion on it)  to host the World Trial.
How are we going to do a good job of that when :
The club in in the hole so badly , supposedly,
and we cannot even satisfy the needs, desires and BY LAWS concerning
rotation of the Nationals , for the membership, because of supposedly
financial concerns....
maybe that is why the dinner was so abominable at UT...financial
constraints.
The membership is PISSED.  Now we are being told that whoever is in charge
has issued a No Talk edict?
Why?
Is this true???
Maybe if we had not been so fast to want to host the World, maybe we could
have saved Ft Collins???
I don't give a damn about a working trial show, sorry but I don't.     I may
be alone in that.
Given the choice between hosting oh yahoo, the World Trial, and going to a
Nationals with OUR SON and OUR DOGS,
one time during the next three years...guess which I would pick?????

Personally I am 100 percent in favor of having our own year end even in the
West...it 's time has come.
As far as the westerners that "abstained" rather than saying NO....thanks, a
bunch.
Kathy

*http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com*
* <http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>**UPDATED: Jan 26, 2011
**Home of:
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle *
*
"Victory...*Vires et honestas"