[ SHOWGSD-L ] My take on it

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 18:11:14 -0400 (EDT)

I know that no one cares what I think, and that shows a real intelligent
approach to everything.

I show my dogs to the GSDCA rules, as allowed by the AKC. I follow the AKC
rules, and I try to follow the GSDCA standards.  I choose to play in
someone else's sandbox, so I follow their rules.

If I do not agree with the rules, (ie. read standard), I will find another
game to play or another sport to enter.  I might try to change the rules,
but when I play chess, I don't argue to move my rook diagonally.

Now that being said, if the Whites remain disqualified, then I will  never
compete against them in conformation. If they are disqualified for all
competition, then I won't compete against them in rally, obedience, fly ball
and
 everything else.

For now, it seems they are just disqualified in conformation. Everything
else, is fine with us, and we recognize them as German shepherds, except for
conformation.

If any of that changes, there are a number of other ways I can live my
life. It won't ruin my enjoyment of the world, nor will it change my opinion of
 white, gold, black, black and tan, sable or any other color dogs.

I think the German shepherd is the finest breed in the world, color does
not fit into that opinion.

Change the rules, keep them the same, alter them or drop all of them. I
will do my thing, and will continue to work within whatever rules are set,
until  they make this unpleasant, then I will do something else.

But, I sure am not going to get upset over the rules. I decided to play
under them, and I will continue to do so.  I don't have to, it is my  choice.

Those who breed White German shepherds are also living under the rules.
They showed to the top award at our National as allowed and won it. They don't
 enter under conformation shows.  They too follow the rules, and I respect
them for that.

 There is no rule that says you can't breed a White. Yet!

Evan L.  Ginsburg
gsyrfund.com
Asgard German  Shepherds
_http://www.asgardgsd.com_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Where Type  Movement and Temperament come  together

In a message dated 10/28/13 2:49:50 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

since  they can be a separate breed in every other
registry in the world.  I  have questions about this entire matter, and I'm
trying to figure out how  to ask them...not that I expect any  answers.