[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: MAIN Hubs Re: Entries per City

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 16:22:33 -0800 (PST)

While I was at the North American  Seiger Show I priced out the trailer they
carry their dogs in. A cheap one will run just over 5,000.00 Of coarse the one
I want was 17,000 but it had everything. :0)  Heck for a little more I can buy
one that sleeps me as well. I think the prefect dog trailer is a 5Th wheel that
has the extra room in the back. They haul 2 snowmobiles or 4 crates. I wonder
if I would be brave enough to drive one.

  Terry
Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  WHEN THE PROFESSIONAL SHIPPER OF ANIMALS SAYS THIS WE NEED TO TAKE NOTE.

It is sad that even our resident professional feels shipping our precious dogs
is too much of a hassle. Caravaning and renting larger vans so people can
travel together will be the way of the future then.

We should all start to think this way, and for the shows that will take longer
than 8 hours to drive, start looking for our driving partners, for those who do
not want to or cannot travel alone.

Personally, I will sacrafice my private driving time, but I just love road
trips to dog shows. I feel very safe with my dogs with me, but they travel
loose, don't bother telling me, I have my reasons. And I always enjoy the time
away from the stress of family and husband. Can't help it.

Next, crossing the state for the day, not enough, but it will have to do!
sheila
Nancy Harper wrote:
I really think that Carolyn is absolutely correct. It is easier to send
customer's dogs/cats/ horses/birds/ etc to Europe than to some cities in the
US. All hubs are sending out smaller commuter jets to their secondary
cities. Caravanning may become routine and people from the same State going
together to help drive long distances may be the answer if flying is out.
Helps split the cost of gas also. Perhaps people who would have to go it
alone on long distance driving could contact other GS exhibitors in their
State and plan on going together.
Notifying rental car companies that more vans than usual are needed may be
helpful. As stated last year, looks like we had better be resigned to
driving up to 3 or more hours AFTER arrival at a large airport. Makes me
wonder where the Irish Wolfhound people hold their National specialty.
Nancy

Sheila of GSDC of Greater Miami
Member GSDCA Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training

POST is Copyrighted 2006. All material remains the property of the original