[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Let the membership decide

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: arcturusgermanshepherds@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 17:39:29 -0400 (EDT)

I have found the same thing and also agree just go with option #3 and see
what happens.

my rationale:
 When  I started in gsd, I had sables, I still love sables, and  was told
certain judges wouldn't put up a sable, my mentor in gsd's thought they  were
really wolves (because of the freq shy temperament some of them had) Sure
enough judges didn't put up bad or mediocre sables but really outstanding
ones,  no one stood in the way.

therefore:
If you are judging them and don't like them, don't reward them, if you are
an exhibitor, and don't like them, don't show them or breed them. and who
else  does it really matter to? Judges, and breeder/exhibitiors?  Oh I forgot
if  you a handler and don't like them, don't show them. (Although they
could be a  real boon for handlers, as it is now most white shows are owner
handler-no professionals in UKC, and frankly some of them would have a  hard
time in regular ring and might need to resort to "professional handlers"  and
increase the client load of handlers, an untapped potential perhaps.)

Don't really see how that would affect the show ring or the breeding
program of fanciers.

I spent some time and money looking up the the pedigrees of a lot of whites
 on akc website, they really do have gsd dna, they have the same  parentage
found in my dogs.
The breeders do a lot of health screens and checks, more that me sometimes,
 and frankly I have had over 35 yrs every ailment imaginable I think found
in our  lines, and I think some of the whites have missed some of the things
we are  plagued with,

Ann Gray- I was going to stay out this time but just couldn't resist

In a message dated 8/4/2013 11:13:35 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
arcturusgermanshepherds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
breed.  Many owners would even argue our standard is  wrong,  nonetheless,
we are a group of people who have come together  to forward what they think
is the best interest of the German  Shepherd.  So,  lets move forward with
that.
Let our  membership decide what they think should be done with the  White
Shepherds.
Let the White Shepherd folks have thier  say,  perhaps setting aside one
issue of the Review for them to state  their case and present their dogs.
Before I wrote this I took the time to  look up White Shepherd breeders.
There are some gorgeous dogs out there,  folks, and most are doing health
checks, and competing with thier  dogs.
Its my opinion we have 3 options:

1. release them from  our club and offer support for pedigrees and
registration numbers UNTIL  they have thier foundation club.
( From then on, any white "German  Shepherds"  will just be considered
disqualifications,  just like white Boxers )

2. Accept them as a Variety, just like Cocker  Spaniels

3. Accept them as a fully recognized German Shepherd, with  no
disqualifying .fault.

Again, let them state thier  case, and then let the membership decide.
JMO, Sue  T

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.