[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Labs and GSDs

  • From: Hickoryhill <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:47:48 -0700 (PDT)

Typically you don't rattle my cage, as I find most of what you post rather
whimsical, and fairly disingenuous, but I think the below is rather
condescending. So, this is for all those thinking what I am about to say" Are
you for real??????" And you formulated your opinion how..by looking at  7 class
dogs this past weekend? have you ever put a wicket to any of the dogs you have
bred to??? Seriously??? Temperament..seriously..do you really want to go
there??? When I read the below, the first thing that came to mind was "do as I
say, not as I do." This may not be what you intended, but is what I perceive.
Christine
On Mon, 3/31/14, ELG440@xxxxxxx <ELG440@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Labs and GSDs
 To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx
 Cc: shereemosesgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, billgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Monday, March 31, 2014, 12:45 PM

 In a message dated 3/31/2014 10:08:27 A.M. Pacific
 Daylight Time,
 rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
 We need
   to stop complaining that our breed is so handler based,
 and start
 doing
   something about it,
 beginning with ring control  Slow them down, so
   more people can show the
 dogs.

 I just showed under four judges last weekend,
 Dick Jones, Sheree
 Moses, Bob Kish and Cindy
 Flaut.     They all demanded
 slow on a loose lead. I watched great secondary  sex
 characteristics good
 movement, and great temperament.   No one should
 be showing dogs that
 don't have good temperament, unless they have extra
 money to burn.

 They were all shown slow, on a loose lead and very few
 were not worthy of
 points.  I think perhaps there are shows with racing
 dogs, bitchey heads on
 the males, and perhaps doggy bitches.   Not that I
 have seen
 lately.

  I might want to complain about the size of our
 dogs, but that is
 another story. They are big, and the size of the Select
 males this year pointed
 that out.

 But, I haven't been seeing dogs race around the
 ring in years. I have told
 some who show under me when I judge that after they
 show me slow on a loose
 lead, they can do what they want.  I make it clear that
 I am not going to
 judge them that way. I know that all four of the judges this
 weekend  had
 some of the entries take another pass to get a slow
 trot.

 I guess I see it differently from others who complain
 about the ring. I
 went to two shows in Freemont a month ago, and saw the same
 thing.

  I was in San Diego last weekend, and saw slow,
 with a loose
 lead.

 Perhaps I am reporting  from what I am
 seeing, and not what I am
 reading. That does not make me right, nor does it make me
 wrong.

 I can only repeat what I see.

 Evan

http://showgsd.org/mail.html