[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Knowledge is always important

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Margery Golant" <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx, "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:54:44 -0500

After reading Margy's letter, I suggest that all future Board meetings be
held in one location..Salem, Mass. the ambience is right, the "Secret
Society" could have their  closed session, then press charges, have a trial
without the person being there and then a burning at the stake of the
accused, all in one day..how delightful!  First the show site chair, now
the recording sec...hmmm..does anyone see a pattern here? Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

<pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx>; <LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx>; Penny
& Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
> [...]
> is going on.  They have heard rumors about "charges" and about a demand
for
> my resignation, thought it extremely odd.  I agree completely that it is
> very strange.  Rather than try to explain piecemeal, it seems that what
> makes the most sense, and what I have been asked by a number of people to
> do, is to post my responses to the charges.  I have no problem with this.
> have done nothing wrong, and have worked very hard to do what is right,
and
> to do my best to explain to others what is right.   "Charges" are
completely
> inappropriate, and I feel it essential that the membership understand what
> is really going on here.  It really is time you knew what has been
> happening.
>
> I have became very concerned at the increasing secrecy, the increasing
> hostility, the increasing paranoia, on the GSDCA Board, toward anyone who
> disagrees with certain people, which is inappropriate and excessive.  A
fair
> amount of the time, the secrets are even kept from the Board members,
> although there is a small group who sticks together and is in the know.  I
> was bothered by this trend, expressed my objections, have voted against
> every closed session where I had the opportunity to vote, objected to
closed
> sessions.  But, they got closed anyway, and there were numerous times
where
> we were not even asked, they just closed the doors.
>
> There has been a game going on for almost 2 years now, I have been the
> football.  The object has been to continue to increase the pressure and to
> tighten the screws on me as Recording Secretary, making the job more and
> more time consuming, more and more difficult, until I gave in in disgust
and
> quit.  After every meeting's Minutes were done, the game would start.  A
> small group of people would claim that things that were in the Minutes
were
> wrong, that they never happened (even though they were as plain as day on
> the recording).  They would also insist that things did happen that did
not
> (even though the lack of them was likewise plain on the recording).  We
> would go around and around, back and forth, wasting time, meeting after
> meeting.  Then they would tell anyone who would listen that I was "slow"
> get the Minutes done.  In other words, sabotage.
>
> I was not at the July Board meeting.  Within a couple of weeks immediately
> prior to the meeting, I suffered the loss of two of my dogs.  Virtually
> immediately prior to the Board meeting, my one remaining dog, my special
> one, suddenly started showing acute  and severe neurological signs which
> terrified me, and to which I immediately began a quest for a solution.
The

____________________
> [...]
> so long as I was not a party to the untrue statements or violation of the
> rights of our membership and others.
>

> I discussed this difficulty with the GSDCA attorney and with private
> counsel, and was advised to modify anything I would sign to the extent
> necessary to render the document acceptable to me.  That is what I did,
and
> it was done solely on my own behalf. I would have liked to bring this to
the
> attention of the board, but ________(name omitted) did not allow that
> opportunity, and in fact I was being continually pressed for my response,
so
> I had to do what was necessary for my own protection.   It did not in any
> way modify what already had been agreed to by others, and did not require
> the approval or knowledge of anyone else, as it was personal to me.
>

> Furthermore, I have had extensive discussions with the GSDCA attorney who
> handled the negotiations and conclusion of the agreement, who indicated
that
> she understood that the modifications pertained to me only, that Hunte and
> his attorney also understood that to be true, that the Agreement was made
> whether or not I made changes or executed the document.    I do not
believe
> that there was any time during which my actions "nearly resulted in the
> rejection of the Board-approved settlement" as stated in the letter from
> Bill, and proof thereof is requested.  There was nothing to reject, since
> Hunte had signed it, and a majority of the Board had signed it.  As a
matter
> of law, an agreement existed, whether I changed it or not prior to signing
> it.  This accusation is false.  Further, the allegations, even if true,
> would not form a basis for any action against me.  The Board had never
> authorized anyone to negotiate an agreement on its behalf with Hunte, nor
> did it ever ratify any such actions or even discuss the terms they had
> agreed to. They were literally told to sign it, with the bald promise that
> "signing this will get this over with", without any consideration or
> opportunity for reflection.  This is something done by a few officers
> without the approval or agreement of the board.
>

> 2 - The document maintains "The minutes from the April 28-29, 2007 Board
> meeting were not delivered to the Board per our bylaws within 30 days
> following the meeting.  In addition, the minutes did not accurately
reflect
> what occurred at the meeting and needed extensive revision.  The request
for
> an audio recording of the meeting was not delivered after several
requests."

> RESPONSE: This is untrue.  The Minutes were sent out by me on 5/27/07,
which
> is within 30 days after the conclusion of the April Board meeting.
When I
> learned on 5/31/07 that there had been an email issue, I resent the draft
on
> that same day.  If in fact the draft was not received until 5/31/07, (32
> days after the Meeting), such deviation is de minimis and one with
> considerable GSDCA precedent. I am not even sure why it would be brought
up,
> other than to convince the board that charges should be brought.
> _______(name omitted) know well how timely these minutes have been given,
> and you all know that I was working extensively to create a web-based area
> to review and comment on the Minutes, since I discussed this at length in
my
> oral report at the April meeting, and that it was going to be used to
> present them to you in May.  This accusation is made in bad faith.
Perhaps
> you don't know that ________(name omitted) took it upon himself to
interfere
> just prior to the live upload and review area going live in mid-May 2007,
> and to inform John Ayotte and me to cease working on it.
>

> The Minutes draft I submitted did and do accurately reflect what occurred
at
> the Board meeting.  I have no knowledge of what subsequent revisions were
> made by anyone, despite my position as Recording Secretary.  However,
there
> were a number of Officers and Board members, mostly _______, _________,
> _________ and __________(names omitted), who took issue with the fact
that I
> included in the Minutes the Report of the Review Marketing Committee,
which
> contained a proposal for an Internet e-zine which had been inappropriately
> rejected by an individual Officer / Committee Chair, ________(name
omitted),
> without Board approval prior to the Board meeting.  The report was
submitted
> by the Review Marketig Committee Co-chairs, and so included in the
Minutes,
> as has been the GSDCA practice for many years, and has been my practice
> since becoming Recording Secretary.  Numerous sets of Minutes were
approved
> consistent therewith.  After the "controversy" regarding this inclusion
> emerged, I indicated to all Board members that, aside from the policy
issue
> which this represented, I had not received any substantive changes for
> another draft.   There was an email debate which ensued regarding the
policy
> of including reports from Committee Chairs in the Minutes, and eventually,
> on 6/4 Lew advised us all not to bother discussing this in the interim,
and
> that the issues which had arisen would be discussed at the upcoming Board
> meeting.   I suspect that events will ultimately disclose that the
"numerous
> changes" entail a deletion of that, and perhaps other Committee reports,
and
> other modifications not supported by the record.
>

> I did not receive, nor did I reject, any requests for an audio recording,
> other than something about bringing the recording to the Board meeting
> "dumped to tape".  I have no idea what that means, nor do I have any
ability
> to "dump to tape".  There is no obligation on my part to provide
recordings
> to anyone, although I have voluntarily brought them to a number of Board
> meetings and would have brought it to the July meeting had I been able to
be
> there, where it could have been forwarded and rewound just as on tape.
> However, as I told you in my April report, I had worked with John Ayotte
> find a way to upload the entire audio recording to the web site, where you
> could all hear it and utilize it in your determination of the accuracy of
> the Minutes, and ultimately to make it available to the Membership to
> provide them a way to attend Board meetings without leaving home,
> "virtually".  As previously indicated, this process was ready to go, and
the
> material would have been available to you all in mid-May had not
> _________(name omitted) taken it upon himself without discussion with the
> Board to interfere.
>

> It is curious that ________(name omitted)  told the Internet Co-chairs
Bill
> [...]
> would not form a basis for any action against me.  During the past two
> years, numerous Board members and Committee Chairs have, despite many
> requests from me to do so, repeatedly failed to provide their reports
> timely, or at all, which are necessary ingredients in creation of the
> Minutes, rendering the production of complete, accurate and timely Minutes
> difficult or impossible. Board members have submitted proposed additions,
> modifications and corrections to drafts late, which inevitably and
> significantly delays the production of the next draft.  I have done the
best
> I could with the restrictions of not getting reports, or objections to
what
> was said or not said, and the requirement of going back and listening to
> over 20 hours of tapes to find out what is correct, and to make sense of
out
> chaotic meetings, where Agendas are not followed, where people speak
without
> being clearly identified, where despite my many requests, motions are
voted
> upon without being reduced to writing and read just prior to the votes,
> (sometimes resulting in the necessity for re-votes because the Board did
not
> even understand what they were voting upon), the names of those voting for
> and against are not necessarily clearly spoken out, multiple Board members
> are speaking across the table to one another, all at the same time.  I
have
> also done the best I can with a position which was difficult when I first
> took it on, and to which, during the past two years, those who have wanted
> to force me off the Board have continuously devoted efforts to make it
more
> laborious, more time intensive and more difficult, making bad-faith
attacks
> on accuracy of material the accuracy of which was clearly supported by the
> record, working to thwart my efforts to utilize technology to improve upon
> the accuracy and efficiency of the position, on the quality of the result,
> and on the accessibility of Board meeting materials to the Membership by
> giving them access to virtual "real-time" recordings of the live meetings.
> I was targeted, to provide a contrived basis to claim that I am not doing
> the job properly..
>

> 4 - The document maintains: "At the July Board meeting, the first notice
of
> your absence was just before the meeting.  No officer was notified of your
> absence.  This absence represents the third meeting that you have not been
> in attendance."
>

> RESPONSE: This is incorrect.  Since the inception of my current term, I
was
> present at Board meetings in Beaumont Texas, Columbus, Ohio, St. Louis,
MO,
> Memphis, TN and Houston, TX.  I was not present at a meeting in April 2006
> in Missouri due to a medical emergency involving my 90 year old mother,
and
> I was not present at this most recent meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah due
> a serious and late-breaking emergency development involving a serious
> medical problem suffered by my dog, having just lost two other dogs.
>

>      When I first suspected there might become a problem attending, as a
> precaution, I made arrangements with an experienced Board member,
> ____________ (name omitted), who I knew would be attending and who takes
> careful and thorough notes to provide coverage if ultimately necessary,
and
> indicated that I stood ready and willing to do the Minutes from her notes
if
> I could not attend.  Further, the allegations, even if true, would not
form
> a basis for any action against me.  I had no duty to notify any officer of
> my absence, nor is there any specific requirement established by the
By-laws