[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Killing chickens and birds

  • From: Fran Henry <fhenry1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: noelwebb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:56:38 -0600

On Jun 11, 2012, at 4:54 PM, Fran Henry wrote:

        My folks bought a ranch on the western slope of Colorado when I was
five. They were city folks -- neither had any ranching background. In that
community, the good old boys advocated tying the chicken the dog had killed
around its neck and leaving it there until it rotted away. Supposedly, the dog
would never touch a chicken again.
        My dad never did that to the best of my knowledge, but I do remember
the discussions. 'Twas another time and place —

Fran Henry
Denver
Home of Konigin's My Abilene TC, CGC, Delta Pet Partner