[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judging and showing...........

  • From: "Carolyn" <marhaven@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pumagsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:30:07 -0800

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: alfredo pumariega To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, December
29, 2006 4:12 AMSubject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] re; Judging and showing...........

  This post is written in response to Mr. Fred Migliore.   Judging and showing
presents an inevitable
  conflict of interest whether real or perceived by exhibitors.
  This presents an unfair advantage. However I will admit that the large
majority of judges that show are
   exceptions to this. I believe that the vast majority of judges are honest.
It is those in minority that
  exchange favors to win that make fools of exhibitors who simply make majors
for them.

  I agree!   It isn't the exhibition of their own dogs that makes a judge
dishonest.   They either
  have knowledge and backbone and know the Standard and quality and movement
and
  don't need favors to win with their own dogs.............or NOT.   <G>
  If they are not an honest judge.... they wouldn't be anyway...... whether
they show or not.
  IF they are honest....showing their own dogs will not change them into being
dishonest.

  If you percieve a Judge to be dishonest.....don't enter under them.  Just
make sure it isn't just
  your PERCEPTION because you lost.     Pay attention...watch the dogs and the
judges.
  It's a shame a judge is made to feel they shouldn't exhibit their own dogs if
they judge!!
  It sure won't make them one bit more honest.
  If they are honest......the only thing influencing them is the Standard and
the dog.
  To avoid this perception of dishonesty....... good Judge JUST JUDGES THE
DOGS!!!
  It sure simplifies things.    <G>

  Carolyn  marhaven@xxxxxxx
  www.marhaven.com