[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Judging and showing...........

  • From: AGray40366@xxxxxxx
  • To: d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:23:16 EST

In a message dated 12/29/2006 11:10:12 AM Central Standard Time,
d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
OK, I've  changed my mind.....
Judges should not show.
Handlers should not show  their breeding.
Breeders should not show to a judge who has the same lines  back 5
generations.
Exhibitors should not show to judges who have  similar lines back 7
generations.
People who have been highly  successful over the past 12 years should not
show as that is also a  perceived advantage.
People who are friends of the judges, handler, breeder  or exhibitor should
not show.....

So let's get out there and  increase our entry and have a lot of fun!

* Sorry - getting ornery in  my old age........

As for Fred, he can judge my show any time.
Dave

That is very well put.
I can't remember when I last said to myself (if ever) before entering  a dog,
"that judge doesn't have the type or breeding I have, so he probably  doesn't
like that type, I think I will enter under him"
If any one does think like that, please let me know so I can encourage you
to enter when we need to make majors.
(just joking-I think, but I suspect some may have started celebrating the
new year a little early since I know sour grapes would not enter into this
discussion)
Ann Gray