[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re; Judging and showing...........

  • From: Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barbmarkh@xxxxxxx, "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:30:45 -0800

*I think I would much rather show under a judge that knows what is
happening in the breed, and I'll tell you why.  I had a friend many
years ago, who had a judging license, but you never saw him at shows.
He was once an active breeder-handler, and quite good at both, but no
longer did either.
He was invited to judge a large Specialty show, and I was shocked with
the dogs he selected as his winners.  They were in the style of the dogs
he once bred and showed.  He totally lost a lovely bitch who went on to
become a Grand Victrix.
IMO, it is important to keep your eye, and be aware of changes in the
look of the breed.  This is a true story that corroborates Barb Hefner's
post.  Doris E
*